Recognizing an OAA member for extraordinary service to the membership, for ‘behind-the-scenes’ dedication and action, as well as employing the skills and the energy to get things done.
The nominee must be a member of the OAA (Architect, Licensed Technologist OAA, Intern, Retired, Life, Honorary or Student Associate).
The nominator and seconder must be members of the OAA.
Service Award submissions will not be accepted if made by a member of the OAA Communications Committee, OAA Staff or a member of OAA Council.
The qualities or actions recognized by the award include:
- Responsiveness to and communication with OAA members on behalf of the OAA;
- Grassroots involvement with members; and
- Care, compassion, integrity, enthusiasm and a sense of humour.
Examples: Society leadership, councillor or committee member, that engaged in an activity (in or outside of the OAA & Societies) that benefited the members of the profession, such as effective lobbying for the profession, public representation, etc.
- Letter of Recommendation submitted by nominator & seconded (both must be OAA members)
- Citation or CV outlining nominee's accomplishments.
The complete requirements/Task List for each Award Category is outlined on the Online submission Website launched in the fall.