We are currently seeking a BIM Specialist to provide comprehensive and proactive BIM technical support to all local model coordinators, project teams, and individual users in our Toronto office.
This role is everything BIM (Building Information Modeling). From software to production, including 2D and 3D design work, the BIM Specialist plays a key role in our success as a forward-thinking and innovative architecture and interior design firm. Working closely with our BIM Director and the BIM team nationally, you will help educate and ensure that BIM standards and procedures are consistently followed by end users. In addition you will conduct in-house training, provide helpdesk assistance, and participate in Firm-wide initiatives to create and maintain high quality design and production standards.
Key Functions and Duties:
- Provide comprehensive and active BIM support:
- Project Support:
- BIM model set up for all new local projects
- Maintain and audit all Revit projects on an ongoing basis
- Actively check for conformance on BIM-mandated projects
- Perform project-specific tasks
- Provide project-specific training and onboarding to new project team members
- Develop project-specific BIM protocols where needed
- Engage in daily contact with project teams to understand BIM needs and requirements
- Work with team leaders to support adequate BIM resource allocation to projects
- Staff Support:
- Provide BIM support and training to individual users and project teams
- Educate and ensure that BIM standards and procedures are properly and consistently followed by end users; escalate issues to BIM Director when needed
- Provide onboarding, training and mentoring to new hires
- General Support:
- Provide support for all emergency troubleshooting scenarios
- Actively maintain communication with office including: office-wide emails, group training sessions, new tool presentations, etc.
- Install BIM software on users’ machines as requested
- Carry out BIM-related admin tasks such as organizing bi-weekly BIM meetings, updating local BIM-User distribution emails, etc.
- Work with BIM Director
- BIM implementation planning for new projects
- Global BIM tasks and initiatives such as BIM protocols, process standardization, content libraries, new tool research, training material, onboarding, software deployments, etc.
- Participate in new tool/technology testing and deployment
- Pursuits and proposal submissions
- BIM planning and strategizing for new projects
- Keep BIM Director updated on local BIM operations such as major projects, initiatives, roll outs, etc.
- Coordinate design with other disciplines and consultants using Revit and Navisworks
- Monitor BIM helpdesk and tracks issues for reporting purposes
- Help with installing patches, service packs, and utilities to maintain BIM tools
- Work closely with IT Team to ensure high efficiency of BIM applications and systems
- Actively participate in BIM Team meetings and help organizing and facilitating them
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities):
- Architectural Technology Diploma or B. Arch; coupled with relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with modeling, drawings, detailing and coordinating using Revit
- Technical proficiency in BIM software especially Revit and Navisworks
- Experience assisting others with BIM software including capacity to teach and support usage
- Experience working on small to large scale architectural projects
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- A customer service-oriented approach
Please apply online at www.kasian.com/careers