About Us and Our Integrated Approach
WalterFedy Inc. has big plans for growth and we need the best talent to make it happen. We are established enough to have deep local roots, yet nimble enough to aggressively pursue our bold goals. We believe investing in our talent is critical to achieving these goals.
At WalterFedy Inc. we believe in True Teamwork. We have architects, civil engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, construction managers, energy management specialists, and facility management specialists under a single roof and we are an industry leader in our approach to integrated building services. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as an Architect while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
WalterFedy Inc. is seeking an OAA registered Architect to complement our architectural team and take part in all stages of project delivery for a wide range of exciting, innovative projects. Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years of experience delivering quality institutional and commercial projects and enjoy working in a collaborative project team environment. This role demands excellent design and communication skills. The successful applicant will also possess exceptional organizational, human-relations, communications, technical, and problem-solving abilities to accompany their leadership role.
What We Love:
- You are ambitious in your pursuit to be the best
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You embrace progressive change, out-of-the-box thinking, and working in a high-energy environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and vacation plus performance based bonus.
- Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations.
- Employee referral program.
- Employee social club – employees attend a variety of recreational and cultural events.
- Strong volunteer outreach to the community – we volunteer with Habitat with Humanity, Nutrition for Learning, United Way and many other organizations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer challenging and rewarding careers, and are committed to integrity and business ethics, with safety as a top priority. We promote a healthy balance between our employees’ professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements.
Candidate must be flexible to travel between both Hamilton and Kitchener offices.
What We Need:
- Talented designer in one of WalterFedy’s Market Sectors (healthcare, institution, commercial, residential high-rise/multi-use)
- Ability to define and execute educational project requirements
- Ability to manage customers, design staff & technical staff for multiple projects
- Self-motivated project team leader
- Proven detailing knowledge
- Proven experience in sustainable design
- Strong interest and experience in business development
- Working knowledge of Revit is required
What You Will Do:
- Develop exceptional building designs based on project parameters
- Produce written scopes of work for architectural designs based on initial project information and customer meetings
- Analyze project objectives and desired outcomes in order to develop cost effective task plans to complete work on time and within budget
- Apply knowledge of applicable building codes and work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation to building codes is required
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive project reports and presentations at design milestones
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion
- Review construction budgets
- Provide review through construction and collaborate with all partners to issue instructions and changes as required
Please Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume, indicating the position you are applying for.
Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: https://www.walterfedy.com/careers/
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy Inc.!