- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
Building in a Changed Climate
The building industry has more challenges to meet than ever before - and according to climate science, we have 12 years to cut carbon emissions in half.
How do we simultaneously design for the extremes of a changed climate and build in a way to reverse those changes? Will ever more complex technology help us meet the challenge? We’ve seen some very sophisticated green buildings perform poorly, and some simple structures perform exceptionally well.
The 2019 Green Building Festival will look at both simple and complex strategies, techniques and technologies to inspire the building community in reaching the goal of zero carbon.
GBF19 programming features:
- An office building in snowy Austria that regulates comfort and temperature all without a mechanical system
- A movable building envelope that uses Phase Change Materials to collect and release thermal energy
- Active House versus Passive House projects and approaches
- 3D printed concrete forms that minimize waste
- Integrated mechanical and envelope strategies for new and existing buildings
- Innovative technologies that can reduce and possibly eliminate CO2 in concrete production, and more …
Registration is now open at the limited-time rate of only $225 which includes programming, meals and 5 hours of continuing education credits.