- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
OAA Sustainable Built Environment Committee (SBEC) and Northern Ontario Society of Architects (NOSA) Present:
FOUR WALLS: Building Envelope Performance Workshop
Time: December 4th, 2018, 11:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: McEwen School of Architecture, Laurentian University, Sudbury, ON
Collaborate in a working session with industry professionals such as architects, engineers, designers, developers, building officials, and students on determining and refining four efficient, relevant, and cost effective high-performance exterior wall assemblies for our Northern climate.
SBEC is meeting with various regional clusters of industry professionals across Ontario in an effort to compile and provide a range of envelope system recommendations for OAA members and building industry stakeholders.
With refined systems in hand, local designers, regulators and builders would have a set of recommended wall systems now available to review with stakeholders in the early stages of project development. Along with the technical aspects of each system, stakeholders would also be provided a brief on the value of adopting such a wall system in helping to achieve the energy performance goals of the 2030 Challenge in Ontario.
• Introduction to high-performance wall assemblies and why they are important for the future of the building industry.
• 1-hour presentation by Kelsey Saunders, a building science specialist from sustainable to
• Demonstration of the four different wall types; qualifications for high-performance wall assemblies with a look at building aspects.
• Case studies of each wall type in regional and national applications with a review on local challenges
• Discussion of the wider challenges and implications of using these wall assemblies in practice.
• Open platform for attendees to speak about personal experience with these systems.
• Opportunity to learn from previous successes and failures.
• Question and answer period for attendees.
RSVP: Amber Salach, chair NOSA, at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2018.
Lunch will be provided at 11:45 a.m. 2 hours of OAA structured continuing education points.