310 advised that the Ministry
of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) filed Ontario Regulation 762/20,
which has amended the Ontario Building Code (known as Ontario Regulation
332/12). The OBC amendments can be found in the consolidated version available
The changes were filed on December 16, 2020.
The amending regulation includes:
- housekeeping changes to harmonize with the National
Building Code (NBC) as well as to correct errors in equations and data taken
from the NBC;
- addition of information, such as references and names of organizations,
that was omitted;
- changes to support public safety and reduce redundancies;
- deletion of two spent provisions related to the Emergency Management and Civil Protection
Act (these amendments do not add any new technical requirements to the
Building Code or change the intended meaning of the provisions); and
- updates to the applicable law sections to align with the
passage of the Building
Transit Faster Act, 2020.
Members are encouraged to subscribe to CodeNews
email to receive the latest updates and changes.
Last updated: 2021/Jan/14