The OAA accepts payment (in CAD funds only) by:
- Money order; or Bank draft
- Interac Online (Available for RBC and Credit Union through your online cart)
- Online banking, see below for instructions
- Credit Card (Visa and MasterCard only) Conference Registrations Only
- Debit Card (Payment made at the OAA Headquarters)
- Wire Transfer, see below for more information
- Only for Canadian Accounts –INDIVIDUAL INVOICE by Pre-authorized debit agreement (not accepted after February 10)
- Only for Canadian Accounts - CERTIFICATES OF PRACTICE INVOICE by Pre-authorized debit agreement (not accepted after April 10)
- Options for US or International payments, see below for instructions.
Online Banking Instructions:
Online banking is available through the six major Canadian banks (CIBC, RBC, Scotia, TD, BMO, Credit Union, National and Tangerine). Note: You must use your OAA ID (which can be found in the top right hand corner of your invoice) to ensure the OAA receives the correct information from the bank to process your payment and avoid cancellation.
- Log in to your Financial Institution online account.
- Set up the Ontario Association of Architects as a “Payee” (Ontario Association Architect if you are with CIBC)
- For your “Account number” use your OAA ID found in the top right hand corner of your invoice. Please note your OAA ID is different than your Certificate of Practice OAA ID.
- Submit your payment(s)
Visa and MasterCard Payments
For individuals who wish to pay by credit card and who are prepared to assume a 2.5% convenience fee, Visa and MasterCard are now accepted for Conference Registration.
Please note that the convenience fee of 2.5% is not refundable once the payment has been made.
Please note that an additional $25.00 should be included for Wire Transfer transactions in order to cover Bank Service Charges.
Swift # BIC CODE: CIBCCATT
Branch Transit Number: 00502
Institution Number: 0010
Account Number: 71-84816
Bank Name: CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)
Address: 2 Bloor Street West, Toronto ON M4W 2G7
US and International Payments
For individuals located outside of Canada, we ask that payments be remitted in one of the three ways listed below:
- Canadian Dollar money order or bank draft. These can be arranged through most banks or at a US Postal Service location.
- Wire Transfer, see above for instructions.
- US Cheque is now accepted provided that it meets the criteria below.
For US Cheques:
US individuals and Practices may now pay in US dollars by converting the Canadian dollar amount owing to US dollars on the Bank of Canada currency converter. You must add a 2% bank conversion fee to the amount owing.
Example: $100 in Canadian Dollars plus 2% for the bank fee totals $102. The new dollar amount of $102 is entered into the amount field on the link provided below to convert into the US dollar equivalent.
Log on to the Bank of Canada currency converter via the link below and input the amount.
Once you are on the Bank of Canada daily currency converter, enter the amount you wish to pay in Canadian dollars, select “From: Canadian Dollar” “To: U.S. Dollar” and select “Convert”
The Bank of Canada daily converter will provide the “Answer”, the “Exchange Rate” and the date of conversion for your records.
If you require additional assistance, please feel free to contact email@example.com