Taylor Architecture Group (formerly Pin/Taylor Architects) is a small, vibrant, process driven practice with a focus on design solutions that are contextually appropriate to each specific project. Attention to detail and the importance of meaningful design related to climate and cultural considerations are critical to the success of projects in the North. Our office is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, with projects in communities throughout the arctic & sub-arctic regions of northern Canada.
We have a small office we recently started up in Ottawa - currently with one of our managing associate staff – Ksenia Eic - working out of this location. The contract employee would be working closely with Ksenia to produce design development and construction drawings in both Revit and AutoCAD, primarily on a design-build new school project in Elsipogtog New Brunswick.
Full time, contract position for 1 year term (with potential to extend into longer term)
Taylor Architecture Group (TAG) has an immediate opening for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist. Projects include a large, new-build school project along with various other northern projects of various scopes and scales from small office fit-ups to large scale educational, hospitality, and institutional facilities. The successful candidate must have strong drafting capabilities and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Graduate from a recognized Architectural technologist program
- Member of Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario, or other provincial regulatory body
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with focus on commercial/institutional projects (experience working in New Brunswick and/or on educational facilities an asset)
- Exceptional knowledge of national building codes, standards and technical knowledge of the building industry in Canada
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a design team
- Demonstrate a value of quality design work and ability to think outside of the box
- Skilled production of presentation & working drawings
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office
- Rendering capabilities and knowledge of Adobe Suite an asset
- Provide drafting support for project teams including preparation of design development and construction drawings and schedules
- Coordinate drawings between architecture and other disciplines
- Assist in construction administration duties
- Prepare presentation graphics and drawings and digital architectural models
- Work proactively to complete projects in a thorough and timely manner
- Mentor junior technologists
For more information visit www.tagyk.com