FABRIK Architects is a new firm in the Waterloo Region, with an office in Galt Cambridge. Our firm is focused on providing clients with a boutique approach to architectural services. Our current portfolio includes public and private sector projects, ranging from commercial, office and retail design to residential projects in different. We have on-going project in every stage, from initial conceptual stage through to projects in construction.
Fabrik Architects is searching for a part-time Architectural Project Manager for an immediate start, for a minimum of 20 hours of work per week at our Cambridge, Ontario offices. This position will start as part-time contract base, with the possibility of becoming full-time salary.
- Possess a post-secondary education in architectural studies from a recognized Canadian institution,
- Have a minimum of 5 years of Relevant experience managing projects within a certified architectural practice,
- Has the required skills to effectively execute projects from start to finish within a contract part-time role that could lead to a full-time role in the future,
- Poses a valid G license, own vehicle and be able to travel to client locations for meetings and project coordination activities,
- Be familiar with provincial building codes,
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication and project management skills,
- Solutions oriented individual that can manage multiple projects, people, clients and meet project deadlines,
- Self-motivated individual that will work collaboratively with others and assume increasing level of responsibility on projects,
- Act as a single point of contact on projects and be responsible for planning, coordination, meeting critical dates, project administration, and time and budget adherence,
- Proficient with the following software: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Revit 2018+, AutoCAD 2015+, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel),
- Self-starter capable of leading small groups or working independently in a fast-paced environment,
- Able to manage a project through Approvals, Working Drawings, Contract Administration and Construction,
- Experience on the jobsite,
- Knowledge of current products and finishes and how to specify them; experience in assembling and presenting finishes sample boards;
- Experience in Working Drawings; specifically: Plans, Interior Elevations, Millwork Details and Schedules. Applicant should be capable of coordinating with other project consultants as part of the Working Drawing production process,
- This position would be ideal for a senior level Architectural Intern registered with the OAA, or a recently Licenced Architect.
- Liaising with clients and project stakeholders
- Managing multiple projects, internal team members and consultants from design to construction completion
- Preparation of Specifications, Bid Documents and Addenda
- Preparation of all construction contract documents including Certificates for Payment, General Review reports, Change Notices/Directives/Orders, Supplemental Instructions, etc.
- Shop Drawing Review
For more information visit www.FABRIKarchitects.ca