ROAstudio Inc. is a young and dynamic firm providing design excellence in a broad range of building types such as cultural, civic, academic, healthcare, office, commercial, private sector mid-rise and high-rise multi-unit residential.
ROA's mission is to deliver exceptional design ideas and solutions through the creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. ROA's design solutions result from a
collaborative process that encourages multi-disciplinary professional teams to research alternatives, share knowledge and imagine new ways to solve the challenges of our built environment.
Everything we do as architectural professionals responds to the needs and aspirations of our clients and communities. Embrace design as an art and science of defining and creating optimal, sustainable and beautiful environments; by this understanding the flow of human activity which energizes the spaces we design.
We are actively seeking creative, energetic, enthusiastic, and ambitious design focused individuals with a minimum of 5 years of relevant architectural experience to join our team.
The ideal candidates will have a well-rounded architectural experience and a demonstrated passion for excellence in design. They should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good organizational skills, and be able to multi-task in a high paced studio environment. We offer our team members a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package consisting of health, drug, vision and dental coverage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project experience (post-graduate, not including school internships) relevant work experience ideally within the commercial and industrial sectors.
- Clear understanding of building science; thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing, to develop and coordinate contract documents and document review. Strong technical construction knowledge is required.
- Excellent computer drafting abilities with proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience in healthcare, institutional, educational is considered a significant asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ideal candidate must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Collaborate with design and production team members to produce fully coordinated architectural working/construction documents
- Review technical documents to ensure accuracy and quality control
- Capable of creating and producing detailed technical drawings, to best practice building science criteria, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the capability to coordinate the consultant project team through all phases of a project
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Building Code
- Expertise in areas such as construction and current building materials
- Ability to assume responsibilities and communicate effectively with team members
- Communicate with the Construction team to provide information and problem solving.
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include construction drawings and details. We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.