Application Deadline: July 19, 2018
JLR’s Kingston office is seeking a qualified candidate that is a registered Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects. The successful candidate will have four (4) to ten (10) years of experience with the skills to develop and produce architectural projects. They will be involved in client development and promotional activities. This is an opportunity to play a leadership role in our growing Kingston market.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Stable, long-term employment;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size, type and location;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum four (4) to ten (10) years of experience with a portfolio demonstrating built work;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must, and French is advantageous);
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work independently;
- Organized with the ability to manage time, deliverables, budgets, and personnel;
- Possess a full understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing;
- Ability to manage the production and delivery of architectural projects;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients; and
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage a project team made up of architects, engineers, and planners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing design narratives and project presentations in written and graphic form;
- Managing project work within multidisciplinary project teams;
- Understanding of building science and applicable building codes;
- Preparing proposals and budget estimates;
- Working with senior staff to assist in developing and expanding the firm’s architectural practice;
- Undertaking business-development activities to secure assignments; and
- Promoting and marketing the firm to existing and prospective clients
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com
We look forward to and appreciate your submissions but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.