ATA Architects Inc. (ATA) is a progressive design oriented firm, with the office in downtown Oakville (easily accessible by GO Transit and the QEW). The firm has a broad portfolio of retail, commercial, institutional, residential and heritage projects.
We require a detail oriented Intern Architect, to join our team. We are seeking an individual with well rounded experience and proficient in production of contract drawings. The candidate should have broad experience in a range of building types: commercial, Institutional, educational, and multi-unit residential.
The Intern Architect must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the production of working drawings, with at least a minimum of two (2) years working experience in Revit.
Good interpersonal skills with clients, staff and consultants are important. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of building systems, materials, construction methodology, and detailing, and an ability to work largely independently. Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code and demonstration of good time management skills would be a definite asset.
- Good interpersonal skills with clients, staff and consultants;
- Have a broad experience of building types;
- Thorough knowledge of building systems, materials, construction methodology, and detailing;
- Ability to work largely independently;
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in the production of working drawings;
- Minimum of two (2) years working experience in Revit;
- Knowledge of the Building Code is a definite asset;
- Time management skills are a definite asset;
- Site reviews and contract administration experience would be beneficial.
- Site Analysis
- Schematic Design
- Engineering Systems Coordination
- Code Research
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- Specifications and Materials Research
- Document Checking and Coordination
- Construction Phase - Office
- Construction Phase - Site
Salaries are commensurate with experience. Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes and portfolios by email (in PDF format please) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a frequently large number of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A digital portfolio of past work is essential to the process and would be appreciated.
For more information visit http://ataarchitectsinc.ca/
No telephone calls please