RAW is one of Toronto’s most vibrant and respected architectural and design studios. We possess an international design sensibility and wisdom combined with a wealth of recent local experience. Unconcerned with stylistic expectations, RAW focuses on both the understanding of site opportunities and client-specific objectives. We take a completely open-minded approach to design, encouraging a fluid and collaborative process. RAW is not a hierarchical corporation. We are a medium-sized design studio delivering creative responses to design problems.
We are looking for an expert user of Revit software with a familiarity of architectural graphic standards, interdisciplinary construction methods, and the best practices for modelling with Revit software in a collaborative setting. The BIM Specialist will be tasked with the creation and maintenance of Revit Template(s), Content Libraries, quality assurance and best practices methodologies. The role of BIM Specialist will also involve on-going staff skills development, which may take the form of 1-on-1 troubleshooting assistance or structured work-groups. The BIM specialist may also have some time distributed to managing and delegating IT-related matters with our firm’s primary IT consultant.
- Expert user of Revit software in a professional environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in an architectural practice.
- Accreditation as an architectural technologist or degree in architectural studies.
- Understanding of construction detailing methods and drawing production workflow.
- Interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability as a team leader.
- Ability to take initiative and to see the big picture.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Presentation and teaching skills.
- Strong desire to learn and self-develop.
- Create and maintain Revit Template(s), 2D and 3D Revit Families.
- Create and maintain a Materials Library for the purposes of rendering and visualization.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a BIM workflow methodology for each project, based on project parameters, including Level of Detail.
- Audit Revit models for size, stability (error reduction), and the usage of established modelling and graphic standards.
- Provide 1-on-1 staff assistance, and skills development sessions.
- Monitor Third-Party Drafting Services, when required, for model compliance with RAW Standards and with the RAW Revit Template.
If interested, please email your cover letter, CV and your curated portfolio to email@example.com