Petroff Partnership Architects is a large architectural firm with a history of success for 60 years. The firm provides master planning, urban design, feasibility studies, interior design, graphic design and full architectural services for a variety of scales and project types. The firm's projects have been honoured nationally and internationally with prestigious awards demonstrating excellence and innovation in the field of urban design, retail, sustainability, material use and detailing.
Petroff's team of 120 talented professionals combines visionary ideas of young dynamic firm members with solid professional experience. We are looking to enrich our staff with self-motivated, spirited and creative professionals, who will complement our team and will contribute their experience and passion for architecture. We are seeking ambitious, enthusiastic, detail-oriented professionals with design expertise and strong knowledge of building science.
Our Markham office is currently looking for an Architect/Technologist in the Architectural Discipline to work on a diverse portfolio with an emphasis on commercial/retail projects. The successful candidate will be a team player, enthusiastic, proactive, hardworking, and capable of assuming increasing responsibility for both current and future projects. In addition, the successful candidate will be interested in playing an important role in the growth of the firm and help us rise to the challenges of next decades.
- Professional Degree in Architecture, architectural science or architectural technology. OAA membership or eligibility is an asset;
- 5-7 years of professional experience;
- Knowledge of current Building Codes, standards, building construction, details and building science;
- Experience with commercial, retail and mixed use projects is an asset;
- Strong technical Proficiency within AutoCAD;
- Knowledge of Revit and Adobe Creative Suites;
- Comfortable dealing with project stakeholders, from consultants to contractors to AHJ to clients and upper management;
- Thrive in a high-pace environment and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Develop and prepare working drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches;
- Coordinate with the project team;
- Assist with contract administration;
- Prepare occasional design sketches and 3D designs;
- Liaise with project stakeholders;
- Support project managers during all stages of the project.
Petroff Partnership Architects is a fast-paced supportive team based environment, which offers strong advancement potential and a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with credentials, electronic resume and images of their work by
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit www.petroff.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Petroff Partnership Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise if you require disability-related accommodations.