SVN Architects + Planners has an opening for an Intermediate Architect to join the design studio and contribute to a number of ongoing architectural projects. The position is both design and technically focused, requiring an individual who can synthesize strong design intent with technical resolution. It will be important for candidates to exhibit experience in leading production of construction documents and in Contract Administration.
- 5 years+ relevant experience
- Professional degree in Architecture, registered with OAA an asset;
- Highly skilled in construction drawings and building code implementation;
- Solid technical understanding of building construction detailing including experience in mid-rise and high density residential; experience in multiple typologies an asset;
- Experience in all aspects of Contract Administration from tender to project close-out;
- Exceptional design, communication, organization and interpersonal skills;
- Strong in Revit, Rhino, & AutoCAD;
- Strong graphics abilities and capability in presentation drawings;
- Project management experience an asset.
The position is both design and technically focused, requiring an individual who can synthesize strong design intent with technical resolution.
It will be important for candidates to:
- Exhibit experience in leading production of construction documents and in Contract Administration;
- Be able to work independently as well as contribute to strong teams in our collaborative office.
We have a fluid approach to design that encourages input at all levels and are looking for candidates who will invest in projects with the same level of passion that we bring to our work.
SvN is a dynamic team of architects, planners and urban designers immersed in the practical art and science of building resilient communities. We work in partnership with public and private clients and stakeholders to create visionary ideas, and find ways to render them viable. Over the past forty years, our team has helped to shape the built environment in regions, cities, and towns across Canada and around the world. We’ve revitalized industrial waterfronts, developed many new forms of affordable housing, designed resilient neighbourhoods, and promoted the economic development of both rural and urban regions.
Our firm is continually evolving and is engaged in architectural work that covers a broad range of typologies. Current projects include new multi-family housing, mixed use commercial/industrial buildings (brewery, office, event spaces), daycares, and church renovations. We offer a highly collaborative, team based environment with a collegial atmosphere that encourages design dialogue. Weekly design meetings foster a culture of critical conversation and summer drinks on the rooftop patio help bring our energetic group of people closer together. We’re looking for individuals that want to help build this model of practice.
SVN offers competitive salaries, full health benefits, a deferred profit sharing plan and a generous professional development allowance. Our airy, bright suite of offices is at 110 Adelaide Street East, near the St. Lawrence market in downtown Toronto.
Apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and sample of work with subject line “Intermediate Architect OAA Posting”
While we will keep all applications on file, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.