Diamond Schmitt Architects is a leading Canadian architecture practice based in Toronto with a reputation that is worldwide. The firm is recognized for design excellence across a broad range of building types for cultural, civic, academic, healthcare, residential and commercial property clients. Over 250 regional, national and international awards have been won, including six Governor General’s Medals for Architecture. The company is a leading proponent of sustainable design innovation with 35 LEED certified buildings and a number of zero net energy projects.
The firm’s design sensibility is matched with a successful business model that positions it among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, GTA’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Managed Companies™.
We are seeking a Contract Administrator who will contribute their outstanding skills to the planning, design and furnishing of a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of architecture and a passion for design innovation and excellence. They will work closely with principals, associates and architects in a collaborative studio environment to contribute design ideas and provide direction to project teams.
- 10+ years experience required;
- Knowledge of Revit and Autocad an asset.
- Provide construction administration functions to projects, including both office functions (certificates of payments, preparation of CO’s PC’s, CD’s etc.) and field functions (attendance at site meetings, preparation of site instructions, field review reports, etc.);
- Organize, direct and manage contract administration for projects;
- Implement the project as directed by, or in consultation with the project team;
- Supervise the work effort on assigned projects;
- Work in a collaborative team environment, primarily in construction administration with involvement as required in other aspects of design including pre tender document review;
- Report to the project architect on a regular basis outlining status of job cost control and scheduling issues, including general progress and time management issues.
We are located at 384 Adelaide Street West Toronto, Ontario M5V 1R7
DSAI encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send your resume to: HR@dsai.ca