THA is a busy, award winning office in Toronto, and we are growing. If you are a senior architect with a minimum of 10 years’ experience, we are calling on you to play a significant role in the firm’s future and to lead teams in all project phases from schematic design to construction administration.
We are looking for an architect who can bring exceptional design, management and technical skills to high profile government and cultural projects. The successful candidate will be a great communicator with strong project management experience who is known for your ability to resolve complex situations in a collaborative manner.
You have considerable experience in coordinating the work of consultant teams. You enjoy working as part of a team and can coach in a way that builds a strong and cooperative working environment. You have worked in the area of institutional building design, retrofit and facility planning, and have demonstrated expertise in understanding the way significant existing buildings can be adapted for compatible new use. You have a vision that includes a green future and want to implement sustainable design principles in every project.
Taylor Hazell Architects has been in practice since 1992. We are well-known for new design within sensitive environments and for responsiveness and innovation in building retrofit, adaptive reuse and heritage conservation projects. Landmark projects include the transformation of the Lakeshore Psychiatric Hospital into the Humber College Lakeshore Campus, the Humber Urban Ecology Centre, and the retrofit and conservation of fabulous large scale projects such as the Osgoode Hall Courthouse in Toronto, Casa Loma, and R. C. Harris Water Treatment Plant.
Our clients belong to the federal, provincial, municipal government and development sectors. Registered to practice in Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, our current portfolio includes a Coast Guard Station on Lake Ontario, the design of an Arts and Community Centre in Toronto, the renovation of 2 Toronto Courthouses, the retrofit of the Whitney Block in Toronto, projects at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, as well as other high profile projects.
Our studio is located at the heart of the King Spadina district in downtown Toronto.
- OAA licensed Architect with a minimum of 10 years of relevant post-graduate experience (mandatory);
- Strong experience in application of the Ontario Building Code and National Building Code;
- Complex building retrofit experience;
- Institutional building experience from design through construction;
- Proven AutoCAD (mandatory) and Revit experience (an asset);
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of project development: Schematic Design, Design Development, Contract Documents, and Contract Administration;
- LEED AP (an asset);
- Experience with heritage buildings, and knowledge of conservation best practices;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Well organized team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Join senior firm members in design, contract documents, and contract administration roles;
- Manage ongoing projects and start new projects;
- Use your strong technical drawing and detailing for contract document production (AutoCAD and Revit) and manage teams in document production;
- Coordinate the work of engineering sub consultants;
- Participate in the contract administration process on a variety of projects;
- Inspire and lead design thinking;
- Bring your expertise and ideas to project pursuits.
We request that only those parties with the qualifications listed above respond to this opportunity.
Interested parties may submit their application to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.