Barry Bryan Associates (BBA) is a multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm located in Whitby, Ontario. With over 32 years of history offering innovative architectural, engineering and project management services, BBA delivers quality projects throughout Ontario and beyond. BBA is an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Registered Company, committed to continuous improvement.
As a multi-disciplined team of design professionals, we are driven to strive for solutions that are beyond the "ordinary" and seek new ways to challenge the conventions. We do this because of our commitment to the built environment to explore and carve a design that mirrors our collective desire - including the client - for aesthetics, pleasure, and creative functionality.
Over the years, BBA's client base has grown and diversified to include municipal, educational, recreational and industrial clients. BBA has worked on a broad range of building types to serve the needs of the entire community, including employment, education, civic, historic, social, recreation and health-care facilities.
BBA's successful practice has grown through efforts of motivated and dedicated professionals working closely with clients to develop high quality, cost effective design and construction. BBA is continuing to grow and we are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team in Whitby, designing exciting and modern building projects.
The Project Architect will be an integral part of the operation of the Architectural Department and may direct the activities in the design and construction phases of the project to ensure that all work is completed with design excellence on time, within budget, to the satisfaction of the Client, Authorities having jurisdiction, and in conformation with the standards prescribed by BBA and the OAA.
This position is available immediately with a competitive compensation package. Bonuses based on performance.
- Accredited degree in Architecture, member of the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years design experience in municipal, educational, recreational and industrial type buildings.
- Experience should preferably have included involvement in the production of presentation materials, design drawings, working drawings, tender documents and budget estimates.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills is a must.
- Sound skills in the use of AutoCAD, Revit.
- Carries out research for specific projects.
- Consults with clients to determine requirements and is responsible for overall planning and design of the project.
- Ensures the client services are provided in accordance with the project terms of reference, on time and with proper quality.
- Collaborates with the Principals of the firm.
- Ensures the standards as stated in the Architect's Act and associated OAA regulations and by-laws are maintained.
- Proficient with Ontario Building Code and government regulations.
- Prepares preliminary and final designs based on information received, either directly or indirectly from clients.
- Participate in the preparation of tender documents when required.
- Preparation of specification documents.
- Coordinate with contract administration personnel.
- Provides on-going support and expertise for all management personnel, assisting them in establishing goals, objectives, policies and procedures for their functions.
- Assist team members in executing the duties of their position.
- Understands and controls both project and production costs.
- Maintains up-to-date records in conformance with the office standards and procedures.
- Coordinates the work of the many specialists involved in the project.
- Keeps the client informed on the progress of the project.
- Holds meetings as necessary.
- Takes minutes and distributes.
- Reviews drawings prepared by staff members on a regular basis.