At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Architect to join the Facilities Business Line and Architectural Practice in our Toronto office. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to lead our architectural presence at this location. The primary focus for this office is rail & transit facility design; however, there is a strategy to transition into a wide variety other public and private sector markets, including but not limited to K-12, higher education, industrial, food and pharmaceutical.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture.
- 8-12 years' related experience required, including 3-5 years’ experience with public transit systems.
- Must be a Registered Architect or capable of obtaining within 6-12 months.
- High proficiency in REVIT Building Information Modeling Architecture with experience in both design and construction documentation is required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite.
- Experience with 3D Modeling software such as Sketch Up Pro, Rhino/3D Max or similar is a plus.
- Must be dynamic, creative and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of Regional and International Building Codes, Ontario Fire Code, OBC, AODA, IAS, CSA, ADAAG, CTA, CLC, OHSR, and NFPA 130.
- Must be able to work effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other teams where overlap of client project work exists.
- Experience with specification writing/editing.
- Prepares architectural working drawings and related project documents;
- Preparation of project specifications;
- Review Shop Drawings and perform other construction administration work;
- Must be able to manage and mentor junior architectural staff;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Develop presentations, designs and technical solutions through all phases of a project;
- Produce conceptual designs and renderings for project and presentation purposes;
- Assist with preparing proposals;
- Assist with marketing and managing clients.
For more information visit https://careers-gannettfleming.icims.com/jobs/5110/senior-project-architect/job?mode=view