Bogdan Newman Caranci Inc. is a mid-sized firm with over 40 years’ experience in providing a wide range of architectural and urban design services. The firm, is dedicated to enhancing an award-winning design history while serving clients through exemplary professional attention to project execution. Currently the firm is engaged in major academic, commercial, and institutional architectural projects in the GTA, as well as significant urban design projects, both locally and internationally.
Bogdan Newman Caranci Inc. is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Intern Architect. The position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
The successful candidate will possess excellent design skills combined with detailing and design development experience and knowledge of building systems with diverse software including REVIT, ACAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office will be required. 3D modelling skills will be a definite positive. This position will appeal to anyone wishing to expand their range of experience and looking for growth within a cooperative team environment.
- Architectural degree.
- Registered OAA Intern Architect or the ability to register with the OAA;
- 3-6 years relevant experience in architectural design and implementation.
- Strong knowledge and fluent in Revit Architecture 2015 and AutoCAD.
- Strong knowledge of building systems and detailing.
- Excellent ability with 3D Modelling skills.
- Design skills combined with dealing and design development experience.
- Contract documentation and detailing experience.
- Ability to work independently, developing and coordinating drawings.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred experience in Site Planning, ZBA submissions;
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, current building systems and materials;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy; and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meet with the firm’s principals, project managers and clients to review project requirements
- Produce conceptual building elevations, floor plans, and site plans including renderings for proposals and marketing
- Space plan buildings to suit clients’ specific needs
- Architectural schematic design and presentation of assigned projects in our wide body of work.
- Prepare architectural contract documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings
- Continue to develop projects through the design development and contract documentation stages
- Liaison with management, project team and consultants
- Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Word files will not be opened. No telephone enquiries please.
Bogdan Newman Caranci Inc.
Architecture and Urban Design
672 Dupont Street, Suite 410
Toronto, ON M6G 1Z6