A Toronto / Vaughan Architectural and Interior Design firm is seeking an Architectural Technologist to join our team. We provide Architecture + Interior Design services across the residential (high/low rise), institutional, commercial, and retail sectors.
The successful candidate will possess leadership and good time management skills; be comfortable with variable and multiple workloads; have exceptional communication and collaboration skills; and be able to propel a project from start to finish with tight time constraints. Candidates must have Canadian experience in an architectural office and understanding of the Ontario Building Code.
• A graduate of an accredited Architectural Technologist Program or equivalent
• Registered Technologist with OAAAS or OACETT, (an asset)
• 0-3 years of experience in design, construction documents, and contract administration
• Ability to work in REVIT and AutoCAD is essential.
• Experience in Interior Design with an ability to cross-over is an asset.
Decision Making & Consequences
• Able to work independently, provide analysis and direction for improvement, and exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal.
• Able to work in an environment which requires considerable accuracy and responsibility.
• Able to exercise moderate judgement which is generally covered by standards and precedents.
• Apply architectural concepts, building code and zoning requirements to develop architectural design documents to the satisfaction of the client(s).
• Review and implement design documents to ensure compliance with building code, zoning requirements and OBC Matrix.
• Prepare and review working drawings using BIM / CAD
• Review Codes/standards to meet minimum requirements.
• Coordinate with consultants and their drawings and deal with conflicts/queries.
• Prepare / Review contract documents (drawings, specs, reports) and mark-up.
• Assist in preparation of details and assembly of construction documents.
• Site review and contract administration experience is an asset
Qualified candidates should respond with resume to email@example.com
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone for their interest in onespace unlimited inc.