John G. Williams Limited, Architect is an Ontario-based leader in Architectural Control, providing consulting services to municipalities, developers and builders since the 1970’s. Our firm’s focus is to obtain a high standard of design quality for the built environment and to enhance the streetscape appearance of new communities. Our team of dedicated professionals takes pride in our portfolio of award-winning projects and our proven track record as leaders in the field of architectural control within southern Ontario. We are located in Richmond Hill, conveniently close to the 404 and 407.
We are looking for an “Architectural Control Manager” to assume the responsibilities outlined below. As a representative of the firm, you will play a key role in formulating architectural and urban design guidelines, reviewing architectural and site plan proposals, utilizing creativity and vision to prepare design concepts, negotiating with municipalities and design architects and supporting the senior partners.
- Must be an Architect registered with the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Demonstrated leadership - someone who sets a high standard for everything they do.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Keen understanding of low- to mid-rise residential design trends - prior experience with GTA municipalities, developers and builders is a huge asset.
- Considerable urban design experience - able to prepare alternative elevations, built form and site plan scenarios.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must understand and communicate the regulatory conditions, codes, and requirements for design and construction.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ensure that customer service levels are maintained at the highest levels.
- Prepare design guidelines.
- Conduct peer review for architectural submissions.
- Oversee the firm’s team of Project Managers.
- Conduct site visits.
- Attend and conduct presentations and meetings with various external parties such as town staff, design architects, developers and builders.
- Engage in business development activities for the firm.
For more information visit http://williamsarch.com/