We are looking for a project architect with a diverse experience and range of skill sets. We'd like to work with someone who is curious about design, interested in problem solving, and independent.
Kilogram Studio is an emerging architecture and interior design practice based in the West Queen West area of Toronto. Kilogram is energetic and ambitious about design. Our projects are predominantly retail design, commercial interiors, and residential renovations and additions. The studio has been recognized by Canadian Architect magazine in 2016 and was named by Azure Magazine as one of the country’s 30 most notable interior design firms in 2017.
The position would contribute to this small practice in culture, design, and technical matters. Proficiency in concept design and technical production including: AutoCAD drafting, project management, strong visual communication (Adobe Suite), and 3D modelling (Rhino, Sketchup, Grasshopper preferred). Researching and specifying materials and coordinating with local craftspeople. Assembling municipal submission and construction documents. This position will require numerical literacy as the position needs project requirements to be measured or calculated, observe and record data using appropriate methods, tools, and technology, make estimates and verify calculations.
The position requires the candidate to deal with problems, and situations with honesty, integrity, and personal ethics.
Professional relationships must be developed with clients and industry colleagues. Must have 2-5 years of experience in architectural practice.
The position is located in an office environment near Queen St. W. and Dovercourt Road.
Both part-time and full-time availability will be considered. All qualified candidates will be given full consideration.
- Experience in Professional Architectural Design
- Good Communication and Self-Expression
- Experience Working in AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Experience in 3D Modelling - Rhino and Sketchup
- 2-5 Years of Professional Experience
- B.Arch, M.Arch or equivalent
- Project coordination and management
- Draftsmanship and drawing set management
- Client communication and communication with the many parties contributing to our projects
- Preparation of documents and communication with municipal authorities
- Site visit and project review
- Office duties including preparation of promotional materials and proposals
For more information visit www.kilogramstudio.ca
Please forward your cover letter, CV, portfolio and any questions to email@example.com