Come and help us build the future at RVA.
At RVA, we are driven in all that we do by core values of quality, employee ownership, financial stability, and integrity. Our commitment to creating a strong, stable organization is reflected by our status as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our goal of sustainable growth can only be achieved with the help of great people who share our core values. We’re looking for people who want to take ownership of their work and of their company because we believe that when people take ownership, they achieve greater things.
Do you want to play an active role in your future and that of your company? Do you aspire to long term professional growth where you can become an owner in an established consulting firm? If you answered yes, read on!
RVA Associates is seeking a full-time permanent Intern Architect with a strong background in project coordination with large engineering and consultant teams. Utilizing technical and problem-solving skills with a distinguished attention to detail, the Intern Architect will fulfill the role of Job Captain coordinating the drawing process for a variety of project types and scale. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-pace environment and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Applicants should possess a minimum of 7 years of demonstrable, progressively responsible experience overseeing the preparation of design and construction drawings using Canadian building codes and standards. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or architectural science and 7+ years of professional work experience.
- Graduated with a professional Bachelor’s Degree in architecture and be a registered Intern Architect with 7+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of Ontario/National Building Code, standards, building construction, and building science.
- Experience with industrial, water/wastewater and commercial projects is an asset.
- Revit and AutoCAD experience is essential
- Creative and pragmatic with a focus on design
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, 3D visualization, sketchUp and other graphic software is an asset
- Experience in Preparing BIM execution plans with office BIM Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with clients, contractors, consultants and colleagues
- Experience in Contract Administration is an asset
- Ability and willingness to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and manage teams
Reporting to the Architectural Lead, you have a thorough knowledge of various building types, including industrial, water/wastewater and commercial, and extensive knowledge of building materials and systems, including steel frame, poured-in-place concrete, metal stud, and wood frame construction. You will be responsible for multiple projects, working under the supervision of senior staff, but rapidly developing an ability to work under minimal direction; your role will include the development and coordination of working drawings, details, and specifications; coordination of sub-consultants; and supervision and co-ordination of work assignments for technical staff.
- Participate in all phases of project development: schematic design to contract administration and close-out
- Prepare client presentation materials, design development documentation, site and environmental analysis, construction documentation, contract administration and authority submissions on a wide variety of projects under guidance from senior architects
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Coordinate plans and specifications with project consultants
- Set up projects in Revit under the guidance of the office BIM Manager
- Ensure the flow of information within the project team
- Manage communications with project consultants and act as a liaison
- Perform industry related research: building science, code issues, design research, detailing, sustainability, etc.
- Participate in site meetings and conduct general reviews
For more information visit https://rvanderson.com/careers/intern-architect/