Project Coordinators report to a Project Manager and are expected to have working knowledge of all aspects of project delivery from concept development, through implementation and project close out.
The Project Development Team is seeking Two (2) project Coordinators with a focus on fully developing new facilities and major rehabilitation from concept to fully developed projects for approval. This position is responsible for site development due diligence, facility fit out studies, reviewing applicable requirements for the Site Plan Approval process, maintaining building development standards and facilitate construction of new municipal buildings.
• Post-secondary education in Architectural, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in facilities operations and construction
• A degree architecture
• Professional or eligible to obtain designations with OAA
• Minimum 3 - 5 years related work experience in all core areas of responsibility including contract administration of OAA Document 600 (Ontario Association of Architects) and CCDC2 (Canadian Construction Documents Committee) contracts; construction methods and inspection, reading and interpreting construction drawings, mechanical, electrical, structural and civil trades terminology
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation including, but not limited to the Ontario Building Code, Fire Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Construction Lien Act
• Proven project management experience; able to direct the work of others
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral (English)
• Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Project
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Motivated and self starter. Able to take direction and effectively provide direction as required.
• Exercise extreme discretion and confidentiality when exposed to sensitive information related to project scope or requirements.
• Coordinate the delivery of construction and renovation projects for the City facilities as assigned, from start to finish, including concepts, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and close out.
• Coordinate project work to ensure minimal program disruption, engage, collaborate and provide regular updates to all internal and external stakeholders through all phases of the project.
• Prepare project schedules and budget estimates to include all project phases. Monitor and proactively take the appropriate corrective action in pursuit minimizing any negative impact.
• Review, approve and track change orders and progress payments initiated by consultants and contractors.
• Maintain electronic filing system per corporate standards for all project plans, specifications, schedules, budget and correspondence.
• Working knowledge of various forms of contracts which include but are not limited to CCDC2 (Canadian Construction Documents Committee) and OAA Document 600 (Ontario Association of Architects).
• Have working knowledge of employment standards and labour relations to effectively supervise students or other resources as assigned. This may include providing feedback and performance reporting to the academic institutions where there is a coop or credit program associated with their employment.
• Personable and able to develop relationships with stakeholders to accurately define the scope of work and specifications, coordinate the gathering of program information for the preparation of drawings and specifications; obtain relevant information from other departments or authorities having jurisdiction.
• Prepare Request for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quotations (RFQ), Tenders and contract documents for all projects assigned.
• Review and provide recommendations to the specifications and drawings from architects and engineering firms for construction projects, coordinate input from client and other internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide advice and guidance to consultants in application for site plan approval, building permits and other permits as required.
• Conduct on-site inspections to ensure compliance with construction contract documents.
• Review and verify progress payments for submission and approval by manager.
• Prepare and submit site reports, project status updates, meeting minutes, project schedule and budget status as required, participate in project progress meetings as required.
• Assist Project Managers on larger new construction projects, time sensitive and complex projects and vacation coverage as required.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
**Starting Salary: $77,201.00 annually
Job status: Permanent
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by: June 25, 2018
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting by June 25, 2018 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
For more information visit www.brampton.ca/employment