Application Deadline: July 4, 2018
JLR’s Ottawa office is seeking a candidate that is registered as an Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects. The successful candidate will be a team member responsible for development and production oversight of architectural projects. They will become involved in client development and promote the firm to prospective clients. This is an opportunity to be directly involved in and responsible for the design and implementation of architectural projects in Canada and around the world.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Stable, long-term employment;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
- Licensed Architect in the province of Ontario;
- Minimum five (5) years licensed work experience with a portfolio demonstrating built work with a significant authorship role;
- Organized with the ability to manage time, deliverables, budgets, and personnel;
- Possess a full understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing;
- Ability to manage the production and delivery of construction documents;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients;
- Involvement and network within the design community;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; and
- Bilingualism (English / French) would be considered an asset.
- Preparing proposals and budget estimates;
- Developing articulate design narratives and project presentations in written form;
- Managing and working with multidisciplinary production teams in the delivery of construction documents; and
- Understanding applicable building codes.
For more information visit http://www.jlrichards.ca/careers/architect-3/?title=Ottawa
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com
We look forward to and appreciate your submissions but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.