CORE is seeking an experienced project manager whose role will focus on guiding project teams through all phases of the design process; providing mentoring to junior staff on the development of excellent technical modelling and detailing skills and the application of local building code and zoning ordinances. You will also be responsible for client communications, contract documentation, project scheduling, team leadership, building design, revenue projections and construction administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture Design
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ industry experience
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of architectural design, building codes construction and costs
- Proven ability to identify and solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- AutoCAD and Revit skills required.
- LEED AP certification a plus
- Develop and execute contracts between the firm and its outside consultants and clients for services
- Create/monitor project schedules and budgets as determined by CORE
- Oversee and participate in the design and project delivery process. Coordinate with cross-discipline team members to ensure that everyone is on track with project requirements, deadlines and budgets
- Ensure that design reviews occur at the designated stages of projects
- Facilitate and issue additional service requests
- Responsible for leading and coordinating efforts of work done by the design team
- Submit project deliverables to the City and follow up until various approvals have been issued
- Enhance the work and careers of CORE teammates through continuous training, support and mentoring
- Able to manage several major projects while maintaining support for the design teams in the office
- Work with Principals to develop project design and maintain design intent throughout the life of the project
- Work with project planner/designer, Project Manager, Consultants, and Owner to develop project requirements (scope, program, etc.)
- Oversee planning, design development and production of working drawings and construction documents on a given project.
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of architectural plans and specifications, consult and direct manufacturers and engineers, evaluate and select materials, review architectural features of structures in the field, and oversee construction administration
- Spearhead review and verify compliance with building codes and regulations
- Able to organize and manage in-house and external project teams
- Manage QA/QC throughout the life of a project with an emphasis on technical excellence, constructability, and value-engineering
- Ability to thoroughly understand and interpret Architectural Drawings and Specifications.
- Strong design ability to lead and develop residential design projects of various scales.
For more information visit http://www.corearchitects.com/the-company/careers
If you’re interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job ID PMW-06/18 on your application.
We offer an attractive salary package with benefits commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time position located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
No phone enquiries.