superkül relies on its Junior Architectural Designers to assist and work alongside architectural designers, associates and project managers. Under their direction, the junior architectural designer will prepare detailed specifications, drawings and presentations for interiors, buildings and structures in conformity with project requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1+ years of post-graduate work experience in an architectural practice;
- Completion of Bachelor or Master of Architecture from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup and Rhino, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong graphic and representational skills;
- Ability to work well either on a team or independently;
- Understanding of the Ontario Building Code and City of Toronto’s Zoning by-laws beneficial;
- Experience in the processes of Authorities Having Jurisdiction (i.e. building permit application, site plan application, committee of adjustment, etc) beneficial;
- LEED accreditation and knowledge in sustainable technologies beneficial;
- Member of the Ontario Association of Architects and/or Royal Architectural Institute of Canada beneficial;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prepares architectural drawings using REVIT and AutoCAD, and other modeling software;
- Performs analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents/reports to which a project may be subject to;
- Gathers and organizes site and building information;
- Prepares graphic drawings, diagrams for presentations and reports;
- Supports and works alongside architectural designers, project managers, associates and principals;
- Assists with the development and conception of architectural designs including research and resolving technical and design issues;
- Assists with the production of drawings, specifications and performance of construction administration tasks;
- Develops relationships with internal teams;
- Other related duties will be assigned as required.