ABBARCH Architecture Inc. is a full service Architectural Firm that practices throughout Canada. Our area of specialization is in the demanding retail and commercial sectors.
ABBARCH is seeking a Senior Design Architect. We are looking for people with strong conceptual design and design development abilities, which are demonstrated in a combination of graphic and verbal communication skills. Candidates should have the ability to work well with a diverse group of teams, mentor junior designers and deliver concepts quickly. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience, most recently as a lead architect designer, and preferably with experience in mixed-use/ retail projects as well as in site planning. Proficiency with skills in 3D modeling, sketching and rendering, will be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience in a design role;
- Act as a point of client contact for design discussions while building trust at all levels;
- Inspire and lead design thinking and discussion;
- Maintain accountability and communicate to the team design integrity, economic feasibility and constructability of design ideas through all phases of project work;
- Work with the Project Lead to understand the project deliverables, deadlines and time allocation and provide feedback;
- Work with the Project Lead to ensure quality design output is realized by providing feedback on team talent and task distribution;
- Create design solutions through appropriate precedent selection, sketches, diagramming, renderings, materials research, technical details and preparation of drawing packages;
- Ensure that all presentation packages meet ABBARCH standards and receive proper quality control review in a timely manner;
- Demonstrate design initiative through outside interest in design.
- Experience with mixed-use/ retail projects + master planning;
- Strong conceptual, graphic and design talent;
- Ability to mentor junior architects;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, with additional skills in 3D modeling and rendering;
- Excellent design and visual communication skills;
- Critical thinking, effective problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong collaboration skills.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com
For more information visit www.abbarch.com
We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.