Batay-Csorba Architects is the 2017 RAIC Young Architect Award Recipient, located in Toronto’s west end. We are also most recently the recipient of a 2018 PA Award, 2018 OAA Award, 2017 OAA Finalist, 2016 Canadian Architect Award, 2015 OAA Award and 2015 Twenty and Change Next Generation Award. With an exceptional past year, we’re looking to bring in new talent to join us.
We are a small, young team passionate about our work and we cultivate a light and fun work environment. With exploration always on our minds, we are about bringing awesome ideas to life for our clients. We are looking to foster people that share this enthusiasm to join our team and to grow with our office. All members of the team work together from design, mock-ups and material testing, documentation and detailing, to building relationships with our clients and consultants.
BCA is seeking a Project Designer with 3 or more years of work experience that thinks outside the boundaries, a special talent with an observant open mind, coupled with a sophisticated design and graphic sensibility and unrestrained creative drive. It will be your job to lead the project team to deliver unparalleled architectural projects.
- Master’s Degree in Architecture
- 3+ years of experience as an Architectural Designer
- Self motivated, hardworking, responsible and ambitious with ability to self direct and work independently and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Advanced experience with 2D/ 3D software, including AutoCAD (mandatory), Rhino (mandatory), Revit, 3dMax, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of building codes, zoning by-laws, standards, and building construction is a plus
- Ability to complete a full set of construction documents; understanding of how buildings are constructed to create accurate and descriptive technical documents is a plus
- Experience in material and product specification is a plus
- Work closely with the Design Partner, advancing the project’s conceptual direction, researching, massing, programming, model making and designing both independently and in collaboration with the design team
- Material testing, research and mock-ups
- Preparing for and participating in client presentations
- To ensure design excellence throughout the project, the Project Designer will be involved in all phases – from concept design to resolving design details in the field during construction administration
- Manage multiple projects of various scales to drive projects from concept to build
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Resolve complex design issues and technical details in 2d and 3d, including full documentation coordination
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, vendors, and regulatory agencies
Those interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and work samples (or online portfolio) in PDF format NO MORE THAN 4MB by email only to email@example.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, due to the high volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information visit www.batay-csorba.com
No agencies, telephone calls or walk-ins please.