CannonDesign has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Architect to perform in the role of Senior Project Manager in our Toronto office. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of strategists, futurists, researchers, architects, engineers, and industry specialists are driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
Qualified candidates must a Bachelor degree in Architecture. Masters in Architecture preferred. Minimum 15+ years’ related experience with large-scale institutional projects. Experience leading Healthcare projects preferred. Architectural registration and LEED accreditation preferred. Project Management, CDT and/or LEAN designations an asset. Solid technical knowledge, experience leading BIM project production teams, have general familiarity with Revit, and proficient in MS Excel and other data management software. Strong communication, presentation, coordination, and organizational skills are essential as well as the ability to build rapport with clients and project teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with the other office leadership.
- Facilitate the development and evolution of the work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Implement the firm’s method, using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Align work effort and resources with contract and compensation commitments and proactively address changes, including additional services as required.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. - Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.
To apply, upload your resume and portfolio through the careers section of our website at careers.cannondesign.com
For more information visit http://careers.cannondesign.com/