Q4 Architects Inc. is a mid-size, full-service architectural firm with offices in Toronto and Calgary. Our projects are primarily in the residential sector. Q4 offers outstanding benefits and provides an engaging work environment.
Q4 is seeking an ambitious, passionate, enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual to fill a position in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3-7 years of experience in the design of low-rise residential projects.
- Strong knowledge and fluent primarily in REVIT, but also in AutoCAD. However, applicants without experience in contract document production in Revit however will not be considered.
- Strong technical knowledge of building systems, wood construction and detailing;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Ontario Building Code, Part 9 design and construction;
- Ability to work independently, developing and coordinating drawings;
- The ability to work on and organize multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- The ability to work on multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Adobe and Creative Suite;
- Knowledge of Newforma is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Single family and multi-residential experience;
- A focus on client service;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy.
- College Diploma in Architectural Technology (minimum 3 years) and/or CACB Accredited Degree in Architecture
- Execute drawings, construction documents, technical documents, sketches, etc.
- Collaborate in the production of construction drawings and specifications, according to set standards;
- Collaborate in the production of conceptual drawings, technical production, and in solving technical problems;
- Coordinate the production of plans and specifications with other construction professionals;
- Conduct quality control checks on technical documents;
- Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, develop details, etc. Prepare Revit and AutoCAD presentation/design drawings;
- Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices; and
- Assure that all deadlines are met.
- Review shop drawings
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org Word files will not be opened.
For more information visit http://www.q4architects.com/
No telephone inquiries please