At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments (and everything in-between) our work relishes a close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts.
We are a mid-sized firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have recently enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach. We are growing, and looking to hire architects and/or intern architects that will complement our great team of creative individuals and help us rise to the challenges of the next level of exciting projects.
- To be the successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence and execution and strong skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types.
- You must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology; and possess a minimum of 10+ years professional working experience, not including co-operative education placements.
- Experience in mixed-use and large-scale residential design and documentation is preferred.
- GPA relies on its Senior Staff to see the big picture and lead the successful execution of projects by being: a leader and dedicated team player, bringing creativity and approaching tasks with ingenuity. Their role is diverse and will involve individual work as well as significant teamwork. Senior staff is a critical point person who will need the ability to manage different workloads while coordinating effectively with team members, clients, contractors and others.
- The role involves a wide range of capabilities all requiring creative thinking, problem solving, organization and attention to detail. As a high performing Senior Staff, you will actively build your skills, body of knowledge and effectiveness to drive results that advance the firm’s needs.
- Works with Associates/Team Leaders to co-ordinate internal project deliverables
- Provides oversight in the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of project phases
- Oversees develops and guides design conception, design detailing and production of presentation materials
- Leads development of construction documents and follows up with design work as drawings and construction progress;
- Supports Associates/Team Leaders with ensuring design continuity
- Supports Associates/Team Leaders in site coordination, works with contractors in solving construction & site issues
- Oversees and leads the production of architectural drawings and models
- Supports Associates/Team Leaders in maintaining and managing all project documentation related to architectural design and contract administration;
- Guides contract administration & works effectively with contractors to resolve construction/ site issues;
- Performs effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents/reports to which a project may be subject
People level Responsibilities
- Inspires and motivates; collaborates across teams; develops junior members
- Promotes GPA culture
- Liaises with Principals, Associates/Team Leaders as required
- Develops strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Manages and coordinates consultants
- Leads and participates in team meetings to coordinate design options and ideas
Should you wish to submit your credentials for consideration, please email your CV and a portfolio of no more than 10MB to email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.