Makow Associates Architect Inc. is an award-winning architecture /interior design practice based in Toronto. The company is involved in a variety of interesting projects from resort hotels and condos to high end unique custom homes. The practice’s portfolio includes diverse styles of residential projects as well as commercial, high rise residential and mixed-use developments. We are looking for a talented interior Designer in this growing firm. We are a boutique firm of 12 professionals with opportunity for advancement. The office is centrally located and we enjoy a beautiful light filled studio environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of post graduate work experience in an architectural or interior design office;
- Graduate of an Interior Design program or Architecture program
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop and other 3D modeling software; Revit an asset
- Ability to work well either on a team or independently;
- Experience and expertise in construction documentation, residential and commercial projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Relevant architectural experience considered an asset;
- Competency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Design development of concepts prepared by others
- Schematic design of interior elements of a project as requested
- Creative design sense for interior design
- Use of sketch up and hand sketches to explore the 3d qualities of design
- Prepare presentation renderings using 3 D max and photoshop
- Prepare working drawings for construction (Autocad) independently with some input from a supervisor a few times a week
- Communicate with consultants/suppliers to coordinate the design
- Communicate with clients as requested
- Check shop drawings and liaison with contractors
- Prepare necessary paper work for change orders, site instructions etc
- select and put together sample boards of finishes for approval
- prepare/design reflected ceiling plans, electrical layouts, etc
- prepare schedules of plumbing, lighting fixtures as required
- prepare millwork designs and working drawings
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Site visits as required
- Other related duties will be assigned as required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and samples of their work (PDF file, max. 8MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with ‘Interior Designer Position Application’ as the subject line.
For more information visit www.makowarchitects.com