LGA Architectural Partners is an award-winning practice in Toronto with a passion for smart, sustainable, community-building architecture. We have an immediate opening for a BIM Specialist with a minimum of five years post-graduate work experience in an architectural office. We are currently considering a contract position or full time position depending on the individual’s qualifications, our current and anticipated workload. Salary is commensurate with experience, and we offer benefits and flexible hours.
We are looking for an expert user of Revit software that understands architectural graphic standards, interdisciplinary construction methods, and the best practices for modelling with Revit software in a collaborative setting. The BIM Specialist will be tasked with the creation and maintenance of Revit Template(s), Content Libraries, quality assurance and best practices methodologies. The role of BIM Specialist will also involve on-going staff skills development, which may take the form of 1-on-1 troubleshooting assistance or structured work-groups. The BIM specialist may also have some time distributed onto active projects, assisting teams directly with drawing production.
- Expert user of Revit software in a professional environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an architectural practice
- Accreditation as an architectural technologist or degree in architectural studies
- Strong knowledge of construction detailing methods and drawing production workflow
- Interpersonal communication skills and a proven ability as a team leader
- Ability to take initiative and to see the big picture
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Presentation and teaching skills
- Desire to learn and self-develop
- Create and maintain LGA Revit Template(s), LGA 2D and 3D Revit Families
- Create and maintain an LGA Materials Library for the purposes of visualization, quantity takeoff and connection with specification.
- Assist project teams directly with modelling and construction document production.
- Audit Revit models for size, stability (error reduction), and the usage of established modelling and graphic standards.
- Provide 1-on-1 staff assistance, and skills development sessions.
LGA Architectural Partners offers outstanding opportunities to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm. If you would like to pursue a career at LGA Architectural Partners, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (PDF only) or a link to your online portfolio, via email to: email@example.com
For more information visit lga-ap.com