+VG Architects offers an exceptional and dynamic opportunity for a Senior Architectural Technologist in our Ottawa office. We are a full service architectural firm known for innovative approaches to the design of Heritage, Cultural, Educational, Municipal, Justice, Residential and Recreational Buildings including heritage restorations, additions, providing services throughout Canada.
Qualified candidates shall possess:
- minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience with a diploma in Architectural Technology (in the Architectural Discipline) or Engineering Technology (with Architectural experience).
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of building code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- Proven technical understanding of building science and construction contracts.
- Attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be involved with (but not limited to) the following:
- Prepare drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of buildings from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians, Architects and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Creating a full set of working drawings for permit application.
- Actively promote and contribute to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assume responsibility and meet or improve on deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
Only qualified candidates will be considered for this position and only those who meet the specified criteria will be contacted.
For more information visit www.plusvg.com
Email: Please forward resume with contact information and salary expectations by e-mail to Jody Makey at email@example.com