Why work for DIALOG?
DIALOG is a fully integrated multi-disciplinary design firm incorporating architectural, engineering, interior design, landscape architecture, sustainability, urban design and planning services. Our special culture and spirit is founded on a unique collaborative approach to clients and communities.
We are proud to have been named one of Alberta’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for 2018. Employing over 600 people in 5 studios across North America, DIALOG is committed to delivering sustainability and excellence in design along with exceptional client service, in a fun working environment.
- Our team is fun, creative and committed to success;
- DIALOG offers first-class internal training and development;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits; and,
- DIALOG is an award-winning company that is committed to sustainable, integrated design.
About the Role
Be a part of a pivotal shift in retail, mixed-use design and community building in North America. DIALOG’s retail/mixed use practice works side by side with leading developers to reimagine the traditional ‘mall’ as vibrant, relevant and experiential mixed-use developments.
Candidate must be interested and willing to relocate to Calgary, Alberta.
- A visionary who indulges in a creative process and detailed exploration.
- An experienced Architect or Designer with a minimum of 8 years retail and/or mixed use experience.
- A winning ability to collaborate within a team environment
- Leadership experience in establishing scope, and directing the work of designers and technical staff on multiple projects.
- A big picture thinker that is focused on the details;
- Experienced in all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design with active involvement in the preparation and coordination of construction documents.
- Proficient with 3D software and rendering.
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills.
- Ability to sketch is an asset.
As a Retail/Mixed-Use Design Architect, you understand the principles of the sector and are a high-quality designer who wants to push the envelope and make a difference in our communities through great design. You will:
Do great work:
- Assist with the master planning of large sites.
- Work on conceptual design and strategic planning.
- Conduct detailed building design.
- Contribute to DIALOG’s leadership and vision in mixed-use design.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team members to develop in-house expertise and methodologies to advance the efficiency and effectiveness of our design work.
- Resolve complex design issues.
- Work closely with clients and team members to deliver projects above and beyond expectations.
Make a difference:
- Be part of a group who is genuinely passionate about creating great spaces and improving the wellbeing of communities through great design.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio in confidence to email@example.com and use Design Architect - Retail & Mixed-Use in the subject line.
We are delighted that you are considering furthering your career with DIALOG. Your submission will be reviewed carefully, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DIALOG is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.
Please note we will retain your submission for a maximum of 6 months. You are welcome to re-apply anytime.
For more information visit www.dialogdesign.ca