As a growing regional design studio, Lett Architects needs the best talent in ordered to meet the objectives of our core values. We are an established studio in our 50th year of practice and are aggressively pursuing bold goals in design and project approach. We support lean design principals and are at the forefront of the introduction of Integrated Project Delivery as it takes hold in Ontario.
Our Core Values:
People are at the centre of all that we do. We seek partnerships with those who share our principles. We build trust and respect through meaningful engagement amongst ourselves, our partners, and the community.
Our culture shapes our work. We cultivate a collaborative, inclusive environment that fosters creativity and innovation. We embrace flexibility and encourage levity alongside discipline.
As stewards, we take responsibility for the impact of our designs. We are committed to creating a state of well-being for individuals, community and the environment.
The Architectural Project Lead - IPD is one of the Studio’s representatives responsible for the overall leadership and management of a project from inception through completion with focus and experience in Integrated Project Delivery (IPD). This role will actively lead, direct and manage the projects using the values and approach of IPD with a solutions-based mindset on a daily basis to ensure collaboration and project team success, and will have the authority to speak for the firm in dealing with the stakeholders in all routine matters associated with projects.
- Technical education in architecture (B Arch or M Arch), licensed OAA.
- Integrated Project Delivery experience.
- Working knowledge of Revit and BIM practices
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design of institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
- Previous supervisory and project management experience in a consulting environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Ontario Building Code/The National Building Code of Canada and other relevant codes and standards.
- Excellent communication, time management and multi-tasking skills, with a strong emphasis on attention to detail.
- Effectively able to manage a variety of projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Actively participates and oversees the entire project life cycle.
- Works with the design team developing and monitoring design strategies for building construction to ensure efficient and sustainable project delivery.
- Supports and maintains existing customer relationships, and develops new relationships with clients, industry affiliates, engineers, technologists, technicians and construction personnel.
- Manages all aspects of client relationship, including meeting with clients, progress reporting and the resolution of issues as required.
- Coordinates the preparation of specifications and drawings and cost estimates, ensuring they meet established project criteria and applicable standards.
- Assists Team Leaders in maintaining and further developing standards related to our architectural practice, ensuring best practices for project management and delivery.
- Is aware of and effectively utilizes current and new design and project management technology.
- Prepares reports, proposals, budgets, project plans, schedules and other supporting documentation.
- Communicates the necessary safety training and/or requirements expected of the project team, and facilitates additional safety training as required.
- Ensures Team Leaders have followed Quality Management protocols.
- Monitors project budget hours and project schedule and take corrective action as required.
- Mentors staff in a motivational environment in areas of project management, team building, efficiency and customer relations.
Why Join Our Team?
We offer a studio culture that is rewarding and is located in a community that is vibrant, dynamic and affordable. We promote a healthy balance between our teams professional and personal lives, taking time to appreciate our work and celebrate our achievements.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your information to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume. Also, visit our website for other career opportunities: www.lett.ca
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of contact and provisions will be arranged.
Thank you for your interest in Lett