We are seeking a self-motivated, ambitious Junior / Intermediate Architect to join our team in the Ottawa office. The successful candidate will have relative working experience in an architect’s office and be registered with the Ontario Association of Architects.
Our firm offers the opportunity to participate in a wide range of projects. We offer an environment for architects, designers and technologists to realize and develop their career goals.
- Experience working in an architect’s office;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Possess an understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing;
- Organized with the ability to manage time, deliverables, and budgets;
- Ability to manage the production and delivery of construction documents;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients;
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage a project team made up of architects, engineers, and planners;
- Proficiency in Auto CAD 2014 and Revit would be considered an asset; and
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must, and French is advantageous).
- Working with senior staff to develop projects from start to finish;
- Participating in client design meetings;
- Assisting in leading projects with engineering and technical teams;
- Carrying out visits to construction sites and reporting on observations;
- Preparing proposals and budget estimates; and
- Assisting senior staff with business-development activities to secure assignments.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com
We look forward to and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.jlrichards.ca