The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc. believes that Architects and Designers have a key role to play in the fight against Climate Change. We support the 2030 challenge to have all our projects be Net Zero or Carbon Zero buildings within the next decade. We work closely with our Clients and Builders throughout the G.T.A. from Cobourg to Elora to create and renovate elegant green buildings that nurture the human spirit.
We have an opening for a Senior Designer to join our growing, energetic group of six full and part-time staff led by Daniel Hall, O.A.A. and Professor Fred Thompson. We enjoy a collective studio environment where everyone contributes to the success of the projects and the practice. We are supportive of family life, and creative pursuits and offer an accessible and supportive work environment that welcomes diversity.
What you will bring...
You have a demonstrated passion for green design, are comfortable working independently when required, but have strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills. You have a formal education in the field and at least 5 years of work experience, with both Part 3 and Part 9 buildings.
You enjoy working with Clients, Consultants, and Builders to make beautiful green buildings. You are capable of managing projects independently and supervising junior staff. To be successful in this position, you will be skilled in using BIM software, MS Office and Excel, can manage your time and a project budget.
What you will do...
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and grow with us through a variety of projects including single family residences, rental housing, renovations, and small to medium commercial and office projects. Your work will cover all aspects of project delivery in an Architectural office including developing details and drawings for Zoning approvals, Building Permits, and Construction Documents.
You will work closely with the Director of Design to ensure that our Clients needs are met and their expectations exceeded. You will be responsible for delivering great green results within the project budget, and fostering new relationships with Clients, Suppliers, and Builders
- A minimum of 5 years formal technical education in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Building Science, Engineering, or similar training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to green design
- Experience with 3-D BIM software (Archicad or Revit)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work and complete multiple assignments in a timely fashion
- A commitment to your personal and professional growth through work
- You will work closely with the Director of Design to deliver consistent high quality design work on a range of small and medium projects for private and non-profit Clients.
- Design and coordination for a variety of small-medium scale projects
- Setting priorities and goals for projects
- Supervising small teams to complete projects on time
- Maintaining project management software
- Creating complete project documentation in Archicad BIM software
- Preparing compelling presentation materials to communicate design intents
- Coordinating the work of Consultants
- Clear communications with the Clients
- Regular reporting to the Director of Design
For more information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.tabc.ca/pages/careers
Only applications submitted through our website will be considered.
Please, no phone calls.