Baldassarra Architects is seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of Architectural Technologist in the Architectural Discipline. We require someone with strong drafting skills and building construction knowledge to produce working drawings for commercial, industrial, and residential projects. Strong communication, time management skills, and attention to detail are desired traits, with the ability to collaborate within the design environment.
Baldassarra Architects is a family-owned, boutique architecture firm located in Vaughan, designing award-winning work in the commercial, industrial, and residential sectors. We offer candidates exposure to a wide variety of projects, all at different phases, with a high degree of responsibility and involvement. We are a growing firm, with a dynamic, challenging, and creative atmosphere, always looking for talented individuals willing to join our team and be a part of something.
Learn more about us at our brand new website at www.baldassarra.ca.
Note: As of December 17, 2017, Baldassarra Architects will be located directly on the TTC’s Line 1 Yonge-University Subway line with the opening of the Vaughan Metropolitan Centre subway station.
We offer employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package consisting of health, drug, vision, and dental coverage.
In addition, we offer employees developmental training throughout the year to enhance professional and personal skills.
- Professional degree in Architecture, or Architecture-related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project experience, ideally within the commercial and industrial sectors
- Excellent computer drafting abilities with particular proficiency in AutoCAD
- Basic technical construction knowledge (as it relates to functional design) is required
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and details, Ontario Building Code, and building science
- Ability to lead and work within a team environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Collaborate with design and production teams to produce fully coordinated architectural working drawings
- Review and approve project shop drawings
- Communicate with construction team to provide information and solve problems
- Work with suppliers to coordinate details and stay up to date on product specifications
For more information visit www.baldassarra.ca