Civitas is a dynamic consulting firm providing architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, and leadership in sustainable design to diverse clients on a wide range of projects. Civitas believes that the close collaboration between professions enhances the team’s ability to create high-quality, innovative integrated design solutions for its clients. Our fundamental principles of practice are:
- To make a conscious contribution to the communities through the conservation and creation of enduring architecture and landscapes,
- To be environmentally responsible;
- To provide innovative and technologically advanced design solutions;
- To establish respectful, supportive, and collaborative working relationship with all stakeholders;
- To achieve project fiscal responsibility;
- To employ a distinct and responsible blending of design and constructability.
Civitas Architecture Incorporated is currently seeking a Licensed Architect with at least seven to ten years of Project Architect consulting experience. The applicant must have strong creative and technical abilities and be a confident decision-maker. The position is full-time, permanent; opportunities for quick advancement with the right person and direction towards Associate/Partner.
- Licensed Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects.
- Possessing a minimum of seven (7) year related experience in a registered architecture firm, with preference on Project Architect responsibilities.
- Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) Registered Member required.
- Ordre des Architectes du Quebec (OAQ) Registered Member an asset.
- LEED AP Green Building Council of Canada (CaGBC) an asset.
- Completion of Bachelor or Master’s degree level in Architecture or related discipline. Canadian qualifications preferred.
- Completion of three-year Technical College Diploma in Architectural Technology or related discipline is an asset.
- Receives design direction from architects and Principal(s).
- Coordinates, liaisons and assists the firm’s staff and team members on project-related duties.
- Problem-solves the development of architectural layouts, details and other items for well-integrated architectural design solutions.
- Responsible for preparing a wide range of architectural design and construction documents, in conjunction with the project team members and Principal(s).
- Enter and retrieve data from electronic format including word processing applications (MS Word), spreadsheet software (MS Excel), electronic documentation (Adobe Acrobat) and email/communications (MS Outlook).
- Able to provide excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
- Locate, extract and absorb sources of information.