EVOQ is expanding and, as part of the development of our activities, we are looking for an Office Manager working from our Ottawa office. Possessing at least 8 years of relevant experience and strong interest in conservation, restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings to help build and serve our Ottawa practice. Our candidate is a team player, autonomous, problem solver, highly motivated and organized. Furthermore, the candidate is rigorous with documentation and has excellent communication skills.
If you are passionate about architecture and looking for new challenges, we invite you to send us your application.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in architecture;
- 8 to 15 years of full-time work experience and proficiency in site review and contract administration, mostly in heritage building preservation projects;
- Experience in construction contract administration;
- Knowledge of National Building Code and Fire Commissioner of Canada Standards for Construction operations,
- Knowledge of Provincial and Municipal standards for the Health and Safety of Construction Workers (WHMIS and Fall Protection Certificates);
- Technical knowledge of load-bearing stone masonry conservation as well as in historic metal roofing;
- Security Clearance Certificate;
- Computer skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat (troubleshooting self-sufficiency);
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
- Rigorous with documentation;
- Autonomous and multitasking;
- Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing;
- Capable of working as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Full-time – 37.5 hours per week;
- Work location: Ottawa (office located in the Byward Market area);
- Date of start of employment: As soon as possible;
- Benefits and career evolution opportunities;
- Salary according to work experience;
- Flexible hours and social benefits.
Under the direction and supervision of the senior associate, the selected candidate will:
HERITAGE CONSERVATION ARCHITECTURE
- Architect on Heritage Conservation Projects;
- Contribute to maintain and enrich the reputation of EVOQ in the field of heritage conservation;
- Share and build your expertise within the firm, with particular emphasis on the Ottawa team.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT, WITHIN THE OTTAWA OFFICE
- Manage, supervise and coordinate all phases of architectural projects and their associated administrative tasks;
- Manage relationships with consultants and clients, with the support of the Partners and Senior Associates;
- Ensure effective communication with all your team members and client groups.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT WITHIN THE OTTAWA REGION
- Contribute to expanding EVOQ’s client base in the Ottawa region (and across Canada);
- Nurture professional relationships with colleagues within the Ottawa region;
- Prepare and/or contribute to offers of services and contribute to promotional materials.
- Play a key role in structuring and managing the Ottawa EVOQ office;
- Propose and develop methods and procedures for internal Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- With the help of senior staff, manage and supervise the professional team in EVOQ’s Ottawa office, balancing their workload according to the availability and competencies of the human resources;
- Mentor team members;
- Manage issues through effective communication by means of persuasion and negotiation in order to obtain consensus and final decisions.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio at: email@example.com
For more information visit http://evoqarchitecture.com/en/