Brook McIlroy is an award-winning architecture, urban design, landscape architecture and planning firm with offices in Toronto, Thunder Bay and Winnipeg. Our practice is founded on the ambition to create a truly multi-disciplinary office to address the complex and interrelated challenges of contemporary city building and design.
Projects span from large-scale urban visions and implementation strategies to the detailed design of buildings, landscapes and civic infrastructure. Each project is approached as a unique challenge focused on client engagement, community consultation and thorough place-specific research. Recognizing the profound impact our cities, buildings and landscapes have on the global environment, Brook McIlroy proactively integrates sustainable development practices into all of its projects and the workplace.
Our staff of 35 are located in our Toronto, Thunder Bay and Winnipeg studios.
We are seeking an IT Manager who will oversee the day to day operations of our IT needs. This may be a part time or full time role depending on the candidate’s abilities.
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- MS Exchange 2010
- Switching, Routing, Dell SonicWALL firewall and Netextender
- Windows desktop environment, knowledge of OSX a benefit
- Strong understanding of server room operations
- VoIP and Conferencing technologies
- Printer and plotter troubleshooting and print tracking software (Sepialine Argos)
- Experience planning and deploying IT infrastructure related projects (software/hardware)
- Experience with design software, including: Revit, Revit Server, Autocad, Sketchup, Rhino, Vray, Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, and MS Office.
- Oversee day to day IT operations, working as needed with senior management to ensure an optimal working environment for all staff, including setup and decommissioning of workstations as required, software and server updates and patches, and assisting employees with IT related issues.
- Proactive planning and implementation of technology solutions to improve day to day operations and efficiency of the firm’s overall business
- Manage hardware inventory and software licences
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to senior staff
- Oversee the planning and implementation of changes to network and IT infrastructure, including capacity planning and scheduling vendor negotiations related to IT
- Knowledgeable of IT best practices and current trends. Recommends network improvements deemed beneficial to the firm, anticipates future network needs, and identifies solutions
- Complies with and enforces standard company policies and procedures
- Oversees the implementation of network security
- Manages domain name registration and renewal, website hosting.
- Handles difficult personnel situations involving computer systems, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual
For more information visit http://brookmcilroy.com/contact_careers.php