Cumulus Architects Inc. is a new and dynamic firm located in Toronto, Canada. We are expanding!
The firm is founded on team-based design and integrated project delivery where design intelligence is the result of broad staff, consultant and client engagement. We are keen to work with like-minded professionals to build a practice that is diverse, equitable and transparent.
We are looking for leaders who can take charge of all aspects related to the delivery of a project. Curious lateral thinkers interested in creative problem solving, and people with a desire to help establish and shape this emerging practice. Proficiency in design and technical production, an aptitude for visual communication and the ability for critical thinking are all highly valued. Design for us is a highly collaborative process. We want people who have strong ideas and opinions and who are not afraid to speak up and offer suggestions.
We offer a very competitive salary and a comprehensive health plan.
- Intermediate Architect with 5 to 10 years professional experience, has a good understanding of the OBC and is well versed in Revit and BIM.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Participation as a team member in the design of a project and work directly with the Principals from the initial design concept through to design development. For smaller and simpler projects, you may be running the project somewhat independently with the oversight of the Principal.
- Be responsible for the production of design presentations. This includes managing more junior staff or students and the hands-on production of presentation material.
- Prepare and coordinate submissions for municipal approvals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project statistics. Coordinate and ensure compliance with zoning and SPA commitments, TGS requirements, requirements of LEED or any other applicable sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinate the design work with the consultants.
- Managing the production of design development and contract documents. Develop and maintain a work plan for the team and monitor project development against the work plan schedule.
- Contract administration responsibilities will include performing field reviews, mock-up, submittal reviews, and all in-office construction phase work.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to email@example.com
Word files will not be opened. We will only contact those candidates we wish to interview. No telephone enquiries please.