JLR’s Kingston office is seeking a qualified candidate that is registered as Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects. The successful candidate will have 5 to 10 years of experience working in an architect’s office.
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Stable, long-term employment;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience working in an architect’s office;
- Proficient in Auto CAD 2014, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must, and French is advantageous);
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work independently;
- Organized with the ability to manage time, deliverables, budgets, and personnel;
- Possess a full understanding of building science, construction materials, construction methods, and architectural detailing;
- Ability to manage the production and delivery of construction documents;
- Work and communicate effectively with clients; and
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage a project team made up of architects, engineers, and planners.
- Carrying out visits to construction sites and reporting on observations;
- Preparing proposals and budget estimates;
- Working with senior staff to assist in developing and expanding the firm’s architectural practice in Kingston;
- Undertaking business-development activities to secure assignments in Kingston; and
- Promoting and marketing the firm to existing and prospective clients.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to and appreciate your submissions but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.jlrichards.ca