JLR’s Timmins office is currently seeking a candidate that is registered as an Intern Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects (OAA).
Why Join Us?
- Friendly and welcoming work environment;
- Flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path;
- Corporate philosophy that encourages growth and development;
- Opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative;
- Stable, long-term employment;
- Collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere;
- “Open-door” policy where communication is encouraged;
- Interesting assignments ranging in size and type;
- Competitive salary reviewed annually;
- Merit-and-profit bonus program;
- Great benefits and retirement plan;
- 100% employee-owned with share ownership opportunities;
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged; and
- Extracurricular social events.
- Graduate or currently enrolled in a Master’s of Architecture degree program;
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of construction methodology, building assemblies, materials application, and interpretation of manufacturers’ requirements;
- Ability to interpret and coordinate work of consultant disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering;
- Knowledge of the Ontario / National Building Code;
- Familiarity with NMS specification format;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English is a must and French is advantageous);
- Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually;
- Experience working in an architectural firm preparing and coordinating construction drawings and documents for institutional, commercial, and residential buildings would be considered an asset; and
- LEED accreditation and/or a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Illustrator would be considered assets.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and portfolio in one PDF document, as well as a cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com
We look forward to and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.jlrichards.ca