NORR, an Ingenium Group company, is a global multidisciplinary firm of architects, interior designers and engineers. Working closely with Toronto, our Ottawa studio’s portfolio demonstrates its expertise in large, public sector contracts in the government and institutional sector.
The studio has some of the highest security-cleared architects in Canada and is credited with several award-winning buildings, like the Wellington Building Rehabilitation, as well as exciting new projects in the National Capital Region.
Located in Ottawa’s historic Byward Market area, the studio is fast-paced, yet relaxed with a friendly collegial atmosphere. The ByWard Market is Ottawa’s premier destination for shopping, dining, arts, entertainment and professional services, and just a short walk from our major clients.
We are looking for exceptional colleagues to help us build a bright future. We offer exciting opportunities, rewarding careers and room for growth. NORR embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
- The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Valid security clearance from the Government of Canada (CISD); minimum reliability level
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills to produce reports, documents, and presentations. Must be proficient in MS Office software applications, Bluebeam Studio, Adobe Acrobat. Revit experience is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial construction, building code, current industry standards, construction law, and building science
- Between 7-10 years of experience in contract administration, building technology, or equivalent experience. Experience in complex renovation/fit-up projects desired.
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a 3-year college diploma in building or architectural technology or equivalent
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator and/or LEED AP- LEED certification is an asset
Working alongside the project manager you will be responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of a small team of discipline specific contract administrators, and project coordinators to administer the construction contract of a large-scale multi-building institutional project currently under construction. Duties include:
- Oversee the documentation process for shop drawings, schedules, samples, progress payments, alternate requests and request for information to ensure the completion and accuracy of contract documentation.
- Monitor performance of site reviews for conformance to contract documents, and relevant building and safety codes.
- Prepare construction reports to document progress.
- Identify any deviation(s) from contract documents and liaise with key stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Assist coordinating documentation to support modifications to construction plans.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to relay information, ensure projects adhere to contractual requirements and to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Research and prepare reports regarding job process and construction/detailing issues.
- Report on job progress and/or any issues related to the project.
- Ensure that all project close out documents are submitted and forwarded to appropriate parties upon completion of the project
- Review contractor progress claims and prepare Certificates for Payment
If you would like to pursue a career at NORR, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only)to