Taylor Smyth Architects is dedicated to excellence and the creation of inspired environments – spaces that delight, uplift and engage.
Our experience ranges from large, complex educational and community environments to commercial and workplace projects and custom residential design. Each project features a unique blend of innovation and technical know-how. Our work has been recognized with numerous design excellence awards.
Taylor Smyth Architects is currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-disciplined Architect or Intern Architect with proven Revit/BIM experience. The primary role is to assist in the project management and coordination of an array of institutional projects with the project architect.
- The successful candidate shall possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor or Master degree in architecture preferred;
- Have a minimum of 5 years working office experience in design, contract documents and contract administration on institutional/commercial projects;
- Advanced proficiency with Revit/BIM in an architectural production
- environment – minimum 5 years working office experience;
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUP, Microsoft Office, Photoshop;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Be a flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic leader with a positive attitude and ability to collaborate and support other team members;
- Be available to start immediately or within 2-3 weeks.
- Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversees and coordinates the Revit/BIM modeling process and handles 3D coordination;
- Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details;
- Follow established standards and develop solutions to technical and design issues;
- Facilitate BIM Kick-off meetings and BIM execution plans;
- Work closely with the design team and engineering consultants to complete projects with demanding schedules;
- Perform interference and clash detection;
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation materials.
To apply please email your resume and PDF portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also provide a cover letter summarizing why you believe your experience meets the qualifications for this role.
We thank all those who apply. Only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
For more information, visit: www.taylorsmyth.com