The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc. believes in fighting climate change with great green design. We work with Clients and Builders throughout the G.T.A. from Cobourg to Elora to create and renovate elegant green buildings that nurture the human spirit.
We have an opening for an Architectural Technician in the Architectural Discipline to join our growing, energetic group of six full and part-time staff led by Daniel Hall, O.A.A. and Professor Fred Thompson. We enjoy a collective studio environment where everyone contributes to the success of the projects and the practice. We are supportive of family life, and creative pursuits and offer an accessible and supportive work environment that welcomes diversity.
- You have a demonstrated passion for green design, are comfortable working independently when required, but have strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- A minimum of 2 years formal technical education in Architectural Technology, Building Science, or similar training.
- At least 3 years of work experience, ideally working on construction documentation for Part 9 buildings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with 3-D BIM software (Archicad or Revit)
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work and complete multiple assignments in a timely fashion
- A commitment to your personal and professional growth through work
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and grow with us through a variety of projects including single family residences, rental housing, renovations, and small to medium commercial and office projects. Your work will cover all aspects of project delivery in an Architectural office including developing details and drawings for Zoning approvals, Building Permits, and Construction Documents.
- You will work closely with a Lead Designer and the Director of Design to prepare documents for client review, permit submissions, tenders, and construction.
The work includes:
- BIM modelling from Design to Construction phase
- Preparing permit and construction drawings in Archicad
- Preparing study and presentation renderings
- Managing Client and Builder relationships
For more information visit tabc.ca/pages/careers